The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Three days to go, Seminary count down

I almost want to skip classes today, as I am swamped with final papers. I look at my calender and simply do not know how I will get them all done. But God will sustain me through this last stretch of the road and He will sustain me for the future-I just have to let him.

Last week when I returned from my visit at the C.C.C., there was an email from Adele about having "eaten two chocolate bars". This, usually is code for Help! And it was, we have tried to have conversations about our immediate future and one of us usually ends up crying. She is feeling as sad as I am, when we think about what church and where God is potentially sending me.
Anticipatory grief, right now, is very present in my life.
But as the count down for me slowly concludes, one may be starting for Adele. She just found out, today, that she might (a big might) be going to South Africa for the beginning of the New Year, until April. This is great news and it might be the answer to my prayers, "that she find peace" in our parting. God, does sustain us!
Count downs end and count ups begin-for this I am thankful for.
As for now, it's oft to finish count down day four
pamela

No comments: