The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Blues


November 8th is my birthday. I am in my thirties, not early thirties anymore, but mid thirties. My parents are dead, other family members are dead, spiritually speaking and I am looking at myself in the mirror, asking, who are you?
I know this is a time of pruning and that I should be thankful because when this season is over I will bear more fruit, for His Kingdom. And I am thankful for God's continual love. A good gardener trims, a good Father disciplines, it just hurts sometimes and it always seems to be around my birthday.
This year being the year that my Dad died, I feel a strangeness about celebrating my birthday. I simply don't want too, why celebrate when your parents, the ones who gave you life are not even here? To be honest I feel more sorry for my brother, Dad died on his birthday. Now, I can see it as a celebration, as we celebrate Marc's birth and Dad's first anniversary with Jesus-but he doesn't see it that way. Perhaps, this is sorta like what I am feeling right now. Why celebrate when all is so gloomy? Well, I think I know the answer and that is Jesus! I know who my King is and no matter what is taken from me, no matter how naked I am stripped, He is still my King and I will proclaim Him from the roof tops. So even though I am feeling a little blue-I rejoice in having been made by a loving God who is always with me. I rejoice in the gifts I having been given, the friendships I have and the plans God has for me. So, Happy Birthday Pammy and (note) God will quiet you with His Love!!

No comments: