The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Goodbye Seminary Count Down

Tonight at 5PM I walked out of Emmanuel College, one of the Toronto School of Theology Seminaries, where I have been studying for nearly three years. I walked out for the last time. The count down has begun as I finished the first of five remaining days at Seminary.
By the time I got home I was in tears. Tears of exhaustion and joy. Tears of fear and of accomplishment. I have done well at school and know there is a future in either a PhD or a DMin, just not right away. I feel very sad. I simply will not know what to do with myself on December 6th!
So where is my life heading? For the past six years, I have been on a path to becoming a pastor and it looks like I am almost there-just in time to want to run as far away as possible.
I simply am too much of a goof ball to really be a pastor, but then, when I think of doing something else I know I simply couldn't. Every ounce of my being wants to serve in God's Kingdom in a congregational setting-so now I just need to trust that this "calling" I received when I was so little, this calling that has been formed and shaped by the Holy Spirit is ready to take flight.
Day one count down is complete and I only have used half a box of kleenex, pretty good for me. But we still have to get through next week.

No comments: