The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Receiving Grace, trusting others

I love people. I love their stories,ideas,sorrow and their hopes. I love people. I can tell you a million reasons why people intrigue me and bring me joy, but I can't tell you why I think people love me. I have deep trouble receiving grace. We find in In 2 Peter at chapter 3:18 this encouragement "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ". How should we respond to the grace of God? We are to be merciful, even as God is full of mercy (Luke 6:36). We are to forgive others, just as we have been forgiven. We are to serve others, just as we have been served. We are to be gracious toward others, giving them favor and kindness. Our words are to be full of grace (Colossians 4:6). It’s supposed to make a difference in our lives and in our priorities.
So what's wrong with me? Probably a trust issue.
sometimes I see myself as this, "
When others let us down, it’s normal not only to feel hurt but also to think that our destiny has somehow been thwarted. We fear we’ve been cheated out of benefits that rightfully should be ours. It’s the rare moment of faith when we consider that God may see things differently"
More importantly, the Bible never promises that God will shield us from all possibility of others disappointing us, even if we’re walking in his will. Nor does it suggest that God should be expected to override someone else’s free will and cause a quick change in the way that person treats us, simply because we’ve prayed. And it isn’t to say that we should never express disappointment or anger to someone else. There are times when confronting someone is necessary both for our emotional health and for their growth as well. The bottom line is that God is not our adversary but our friend and so is the same for others in Christ. God, has given us a promise, found in Romans 8:28: “We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” And to make the point even more emphatically, Paul reiterates it three verses later: “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Rom 8:31). The friendship of Christ is the overriding factor that touches every relationship and encounter of life.

I need to remember this. And this week I have a few situations coming up where I need to put my faith in God and others into practice
Blessings,
pamela



No comments: