The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Monday, November 19, 2007

I am impatient


Today, I have been fretting. I hate it when I have to wait to "hear" from people. I hate having to wait for another person's schedule to be figured out so I can get on with my life. I hate it.
Now, it sounds like I am having a temper tantrum and to be honest I probably am. All day long I have heard God say, "Stop, I am doing something. Let me work this out for. Stop" Do you think I would listen? No of course not, instead I have sent emails, made phone calls and tried to hurry everyone along. When will I learn?
Part of my impatience, at the moment, is because I have to make some decisions and they are difficult ones, with far reaching implications and I want to make sure I make the healthiest choices. However, others are involved and I need to wait for them. I need more of God's patience!
In Galatians chapter 5 we have what is called the Fruit of the Spirit, they are spiritual gifts and patience is one of them. But I was not given this spiritual gift in abundance, I seem doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Help!!
Have you ever noticed that patient people have a real peace? Patient people don't get into the kind of trouble I do.
Have you ever thought about how long it takes to make maple syrup? It takes a long time and I find reflecting on the process of making syrup helpful for it demonstrates that, "good things come to those who wait". Just think, with maple syrup you have to find the tree, drill it, tap it, collect it, boil the sap, filter it and then can it. This process can take days and what do you have at the end? A beautiful sweet taste of nature.
I know I have not been listening to God lately. I complain that people can't hear me when I am screaming. And I do hear Him-
Father forgive me for wanting to skip steps, forgive me for not waiting for others and discerning what you are doing in their lives. Help me to see it is not all about me, but your other kids too. Slow me down Father in a gentle way. Thanks for the blessings and the sweet things of life. Help me to appreciate all that goes into refining and making your kids come closer to you
Pamela

No comments: