The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

February 27th Happy Anniversary Daddy

One week today, February 27, 2008 is the first anniversary of my Father's (Arthur Fitkin ) home-going to Jesus. He has been deeply missed, but we believe in Resurrection of the Dead because of the atoning work of Jesus, the Christ. That is what my Father taught us.

This poem is in memoriam

Daddy,
It's been a year, since you passed away,
Not one day goes by, without relief from this pain.
I miss you so, my friend, and brother,
The greatest daddy one could ever muster.

The memories of you, so ill, remain quite fresh,
But I am beginning to recall the days of old.
When you laughed and sang, played and loved.

You were always there to wipe away my tears
And kiss my shin when I fell down.
You were simply, a perfect Dad.

Today, I think of you in hockey gear, at the cottage and on your bus.
I remember Florida sunsets and Virgina winds.
I see clearly the way you and mommy always held hands.

When I think upon you, nearly everyday, I remember most what it was, you used to say,
"Remember Jesus, he loves you Pammy. Remember what Jesus did, everyday".
My redeemer, my King and brother too, was what you taught Me,
To trust and do.

So from this day forth, I will recall the hope in Resurrection you instilled,
I will grieve no more, for my sorrow has turned to joy.

I cry sometimes, but that's okay because I know that you are at
Rest and play, within His arms, our loving God.
The time has come to move along, not to look back, but forward still,
Until the day we're together again.

Happy Anniversary, one year with Jesus.
Say hi to mommy, nana, papa, grandma and grandpa too.
I miss you all so deeply and true.
But soon will be together again, 'cause that is what God has promised.
So I will remember what you have said and continue trusting in the
Lord again.

With my eternal love, your daughter,
Pamela
Toronto, February 20, 2008

No comments: