The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

What Does it Mean to Trust?

There is a lot I want to say tonight, but my heart is aching and I am tired, filled with tears that are escaping as I type. So I will just say with as much belief as I can muster that I believe "You will keep in perfect peace, all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Isaiah 26:3 (New Living Translation)
and from Philippians 4 verse 6-7,
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus".

So tonight as I go to bed very tired, feeling alone and a little confused, I will recall how much I am loved by God and that I have perfect peace.
Pamela


No comments: