The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!!

Last night Paul and I attended one of the nicest "watch night services" we have ever been to. I grew up going to church on New Years Eve so I have attended many. This one, was the first time where we "prayed" in the New Year. About one minute to 12 the Minister (Rev. John Torrance) said, "Let us pray in the New Year". He prayed a beautiful prayer and I found myself weeping.
In the other services, I attended in the past, the Pastors always preached through the 12:00 moment , but this was different, somehow more Holy and it will be a practice I take up, as a Pastor.
The soloist also did a lovely job and Adele came with us.
We had gone to dinner at Il Fornellos, before hand, which had been a great Christmas gift from Heather and Harold. Our waiter was terrific and so was the food. All in all, it was a perfect night and I feel at peace this morning "going into the unknown". I know God is with me no matter what happens and that I can take the next step of faith. So here is to another year, come what may!
Blessings to you all,
Pammy

No comments: