The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Fall


The Fall brought my third trimester-it was the most difficult time-I had a severe abscessed tooth, (which the Dentists said there was little they could do so i was put on an antibiotic that does not cross the placenta) painful carpel tunnel in both arms and a pregnancy rash that cover 90% of my body-I hated every moment of being pregnant. people kept telling me how beautiful I looked and how wonderful I was. I felt horrible everyday and very lonely. apart from all of that I also had a great sense of God's peace and presence. he was everywhere I went and in all situations reminding me of the joy that was coming.
During this time of anticipation I began to feel a strong sense that this little baby I was carrying was not mine. She utterly came form God and belonged to God-this was liberating, all the pressure of becoming a mom soon disappeared and i was left with this extreme joy that Paul and I were given the responsibility of caring for this little human that God desired and had a plan for... It was the beginning of my true spiritual adventure as a mother... THANKS BE TO GOD

No comments: