The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Praying for Moncton

I am so glad the Moncton Shooter has been caught. I confess there is a part of me that was hoping they would shot him dead. There is a part of me that is infuriated with a justice system that will let him free after a million dollar trial and a declaration he is no longer a threat-this happens too many times. My head cries for justice for the families that have had horrific loss due to this mans evil actions, but my heart also weeps for humanity, weeps because I know we are all capable of such evil, weeps because my heart should be overflowing that he was caught alive and himself, just a young man can heal, be saved and be restored. Father in Heaven, I asked for your mercy to be upon all of us. Create in us clean and pure hearts and may Your presence of love and comfort be with those who are in such need, especially the people of Moncton. May Your Spirit of grace, compassion and joy restore us all, in Jesus name, amen

No comments: