The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, which art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done,
in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
[For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever.]
Amen.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


This was our first Thanksgiving without my dad. It was sad. As I cooked the turkey and mashed the turnip I had eyes filled with tears. When we sat down and I held my husbands hand to say grace, I was suddenly stricken with fear.

I feel so alone. I miss my parents so much. All I could mutter was thank you God for the bird. My guest snorted and then we all laughed.

The reality, is that I am very thankful for much, but I am also filled with grief.

This fall has been difficult on so many levels and things are not letting up. One thing I do know, is that God loves me and has been very present lately. For this, I give great thanks.

No comments: